The Big Sunflower Project aims to raise awareness of the rare neuromuscular conditions known as centronuclear and myotubular myopathy by asking people to grow a sunflower.
On this website you can:
- find out how to take part in the project
- see where our sunflowers are being grown
- learn how the project began
- view photos and read stories from past projects
- learn how to grow sunflowers and harvest sunflower seeds
- read about centronuclear and myotubular myopathy
- download documents to help raise awareness
Seed distribution for The Big Sunflower Project 2017 is now underway and will continue until around mid June or until our seed donations run out. The project welcomes participation from anyone. The only criteria for taking part, is that you are willing to have have a go and to share your photos and stories with the project.